Chesapeake Bank & Trust Company was formed in December, 1986, our roots in Kent County go back more than 100 years. They were established as The Second National Bank of Chestertown in May 1890. The original Board of Directors rented two rooms in the Masonic Temple while the first bank building was being constructed on land purchased from T.W. Eliason. R. K. Pippin & Son completed the new structure in February 1891, and the following month the new bank opened at 239 High Street, several doors down from present location.