Alden State Bank
The history of Alden State Bank began in 1906 when the Farmers & Merchants Bank was organized as a privately held unincorporated bank. In 1947 the Farmers & Merchants Bank was incorporated into the Alden State Bank. In 1961 the bank built a new office where it is currently located at 10564 Coy Street, Alden, MI. The bank's continued growth warranted building a branch in Elk Rapids in 1990, Bellaire in 1998, and Central Lake in 2002.